View Single Post
Old
11-18-2012, 09:15 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

vCash: 500
just read KHL rules about draft, there were changes before this season.

1 Now the same rules for Russians and Non-russians who are drafted by KHL club. Club holds rights to sign a player until he is 22y old (by year, not date of birth). A player is drafted at the age 17 (by year, so draft 2013 is for 96ers). This rule applies to Non-Russians as well (in past foreigners could be drafted at the age of 20-21 I hope, club held right until 29 y old if I am correct).

This change has nothing to do with russian exodus to CHL, but stil interesting. Btw, no "discrimination" among players like in NHL. I dont agree it is discrimination but uneducated fans used this argument to bash to KHL in past (at least in Slovakia)

2 Lenght of entry level contract

A) if a kid signs at 17 (the year when is drafted), his contract is valid until 30.4. of a year when he turns 20y. So 3year deal

B) if a kid signs at 20 or 21(by year of course), his contract is valid until 30.4. of a year when he turns 22y.

The B) is a new rule.

A) If a players turn down offer of entry level contract, club holds right until he is 29y

B) If a players turn down offer of entry level contract, who was PROTECTED, club holds right until offer sheet is active (dont know how long, maybe 22y? see above), then club can repeat offer and extend/ prolong rights until a player is 29y.

The B) is new rule. IMO it was adopted due to CHL route, which is mostly prefered by "protected" players (Grigorenko, Zadorov, Tolchintsky, I.Barbashev, hoping Serebryakov as well, Kamaev etc). These guy HAD closed doors to KHL until they had been 29y. Now, the rule was changed. They can come back to Russia (KHL) at the age of 22/23 and sign with whoever they want (if club did not prolong rights). I think it was right step by KHL, previous rule was really bad.