View Single Post
Old
11-18-2012, 09:20 AM
seanlinden

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
Ya I did suggest that a couple pages back, calling it a live and die situation. Scrivens this year can barely hold his job in AHL, even if you stick with Reimer not sure who is going to back him up. It's fair enough that you believe in Reimer it's your opinion. I don't think he will be a long term starter in this league, and that is my opinion. Agree to disagree.
A backup goalie is easy enough to find.

If Burke didn't believe in his ability to be a long term starter in this league, he wouldn't have gone into last year with a tandem of Reimer/Gustavsson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
Nucks by trading Luongo can attempt to address 3 major depth areas:

1. 3rd line center: Lombardi

2. Depth defender with a manageable contract: Franson

3. Depth winger or prospect: CMac, 2nd round pick or a forward prospect like Kadri
Fixed. In fact, I wouldn't be completely surprised if Gillis were able to get all 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
And elite goaltenders are easier to find than great third liners?

I'd prefer Lupul to Kulrmin anyways, as we need some pure offense added in our top-6, as our bottom-6 is fairly set, with the exception of a 3C.

Although I wouldn't mind starting the season with Malhotra there to see if he's able to handle it; if not try Schroeder out, otherwise aquire one at the deadline.
The thing is... you just can't get Lupul. He's not in a position to be traded at the present time, and the season is going to be too short in terms of time before deadline for him to fall out of favour.