View Single Post
11-18-2012, 09:20 AM
Ghetto Sangria
Pura Vida
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Poulet Kostopoulos View Post
It seems a lot of people now say Silva will be too much for GSP. Is it because he almost lost tonight? Were these same people saying the same thing 2 years ago? Don't forget that GSP just came back from a serious injury. That cannot be repeated enough. And right away, he got to fight the best of the division -- he had no preparation fight. Has that ever been done before? He looked totally spent at the end of the fight but still pretty much dominated the fight. From here, he will only get better. So I think it's a stretch to say Silva is too much for GSP.
I hardly think GSP almost lost the fight. He won the 3rd round even though he got knocked on his ass. If anything I think that bodes well for GSP, because that would certainly happen to him against silva and its good to see he can get back up and rebound. But GSP would most certainly lose against silva. He's too big. If they met at 179 pounds, GSP wouldn't be as fast since he'd be carrying more weight. His speed is his greatest asset and if that changed, he'd be done for. The only reason he'd take that fight is to please the fans and get the money.

What an incredible fight! Condit is a beast though. He didn't give george very much on the ground.