View Single Post
Old
11-18-2012, 09:53 AM
bidzey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmabull View Post
So you pull up rookie scoring stats and because Petti isn't top 20 he's a disappointment, any fan who actually watches this kid play will tell you he is far from disappointing. Second best plus minus on the team plays both ends of the ice great skating competes every night, this kid is the real deal and given an expanded roll will produce well. The kid is a 16 year old playing a limited roll on a veteran offensively challenged team, with more skilled line mates and more PP time this kid would have a lot more points.
I agree that stats are not everything, especially if you compare 2 players where 1 is playing with a power house, and the other is playing on a team that is having lots of difficulties. I also noticed this year so far that the + - stats in this league are very inaccurate. I noticed a few mistakes involving OS players along the way so I kept an eye out looking for it. I'm not going into details for personal reasons but let me tell you, if the mistakes I see on 1 team exists league wide, the + - stats are a pure joke. Not the significance of the stat, but the way that the league moderates it. You can even advise them with proof and they still don't correct them.

bidzey is offline   Reply With Quote