View Single Post
Old
11-18-2012, 09:58 AM
Zathronas

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
Just so everyone knows 21 players hit the 70 point or higher mark last year. Yet somehow this thread "realistically" has that amount of prospects already doing it. Unless the NHL is about to see an explosion in scoring these projections are a bit on the high end in my opinion. 70 points would really be on the far end of the window. Like with Nyquist I could say 55-70, sure he could score more but that would be his ultimate ceiling. Guys like Parise and Iginla didn't hit that number last year, it is hard to score 70 points in this league.
I agree 100%, people here have unrealistic expectations. if you're looking for maximum potential then yeah what I see looks about right. unfortunately most poster think the upper side of their favourite prospect is 80 to 100 points. Since the last lockout, the most 80 points player we've had in a single season is 28 which was right after the new CBA. We have had a steady decline since and last year we had 9. So, if you use that as a gauge, 80% of you are wrong.

Zathronas is offline   Reply With Quote