11-18-2012, 10:23 AM
ZDatsZuke
optimistic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eva unit zero View Post
Nash's list of accomplishments are as such:

2003 All-Rookie team
2004 Richard trophy/1st in goals (41, T-Iginla, Kovalchuk)
2009 5th in goals (40, T-Vanek, E.Staal, Hossa)

That's it. Nothing else. He's 28 now, he has one 70-point season to his name, and there's no reason to expect that it won't be his career best when all is said and done despite the fact that he's now in New York with Richards and Gaborik. His career year in points was 29% higher than his average production the rest of his career to-date. His 40 goals that season were 23% higher. His 39 assists were 36% higher. In other words, he peaked. He carried the Blue Jackets to the playoffs, and most of the credit went to rookie goalie Steve Mason, who was solid in net but ultimately not the team's MVP (Hart voting be damned).

Giroux... yeah, I'm sure he'd have a lot of votes if he retired today. Or more likely, none.

Doughty is the most accomplished; he was an important member of a Cup winner and he has been named to the postseason All-Star team. But he's still not a "probably"; unless you want to stick Vladimir Konstantinov, Gary Suter, Brian Campbell, Brad McCrimmon, Kevin Stevens, Sandis Ozolinsh, Vincent Lecavalier, Dan Boyle, and Eric Desjardins.

Theodore won the Hart and the Vezina, and was named to the second team. As I said before with Perry, I am not aware of any eligible Hart winner who has not been inducted.
I didnt read the question "Out of the guys currently playing, who makes the Hall?" as if they would retire today. Nash in New York will probably get better stats, and also a Cup. A Stanley Cup, World Championship (most valuable player) and Olympic Gold + the Rocket makes the introduction likely in my mind + 5 All Star Game appearances (not much competition on BJs).

Both Giroux and Doughty are great players that I am confident will have a resumé better than many already in the Hall, when they retire.

I somewhat agree in that Nash has to prove his worth in New York to get valid consideration.

ZDatsZuke is offline   Reply With Quote