View Single Post
Old
11-18-2012, 10:29 AM
Kriss E

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mynameismark View Post
Not in the world buddy. Most well trained martial artists dont use their training to beat up other men. Many don't feel the need to show off what they can do inside a cage like a barbarian.
Yea? And how exactly do you know those hidden fighters would actually be better? You don't. Maybe there are some better fighters, but we have no clue of that's actually true. So I won't spend much time talking about them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by habdynasty View Post
I would put my money on bones jones if he fought Silva. C'mon Dana make it happen!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet View Post
While I agree that Silva is just too big for GSP I would put money on Jones to beat Silva any day. GSP is to Silva what Silva is to Jones.
I still don't understand how people would bet against Silva so easily. The guy dominates his opponents so easily, and does things never done before. I mean, the guy will purposely back up onto the cage, drop his gloves, and practice avoiding punches, once he gets bored from that, he comes forward and knocks out his opponent with a body shot. This in a weight class above his versus a guy that had never been knocked down and who we know is very resistant.
Not to mention how he destroyed all his opponents in his weight class.

Jones hasn't impressed me in his last two fights. Going to distance versus Evans, and 4 rounds against Belfort, a guy Silva KOd with a front kick.

To count out Silva would be quite foolish. He's proven he can dominate any kind of fighter, even in higher weight class. So to say you'd bet against him every day of the week if it'd be versus Jones, as if it's a sure bet, is foolish imo. At the very least, it's 50-50, but I'd put money on Silva.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TieClark View Post
Silva won't have any weight advantage... they always fight at the same weight. You'd have to assume GSP gaining more muscle for a fight would result in him being stronger than Silva losing muscle to lose weight. The reach Silva would clearly have but GSP is in a class of his own wrestling wise and Sonnen handed Silva his ass with his wrestling. GSP could most definitely beat Silva using his wrestling.. no fighter in the world has been able to even remotely hindered GSP taking them down... Silva would be no different.
Silva would not lose muscle. Silva would cut his weight, mostly water, before the weigh ins, and then put it back on.
Sonnen took Silva down, but never hurt him, and yet he still got submitted. In the rematch, Sonnen got beat up.
People look at Silva's fight versus Sonnen and say ''ahh, he almost lost, his wrestling ain't good'', I look at it and think this guy is unbeatable. Despite being on his back for most of his fight, he waits to the last second to pull out a submission. Many people think Silva was toying a bit with Sonnen, just like he does standing up and lets fighters punch him in the face. Never know with him.
But if it really was all dominance by Sonnen and nothing more than a simple mistake, then you'd figure he'll dominate again in rematch and won't make the same mistake. Nope, he gets his ass KOd.
GSP could get Silva down, I'm sure of it, but going through Silva's pin point punches would hurt him and probably KO him.
No doubt Silva would win. None.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote