View Single Post
11-18-2012, 10:50 AM
Warm Cookies
The Dynamic Duo
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
I dunno, if these guys were such obvious picks then why didn't the two teams that picked after the Pens swoop down on them?

Maybe all 30 teams didn't have Pouliot in the top 10, but it doesn't take 30 teams. The Penguins nabbed Goligoski in the 2nd round because, as I recall, they were concerned that another team was high on him and didn't wanna wait until the 3rd round even though he was expected to fall.

For the record, in my not-very-informed pre-draft rankings I made myself I had Grigorenko 2nd, Forsberg in the teens and Pouliot in the mid 20s. I think the reason Grigorenko fell is because of off-ice and attitude concerns, and there must have been something to that considering he was obviously one of the top-3 talents available (if not #1).

Bob McKenzie had Maatta ranked 10th and Pouliot 17th.. And they were essentially picked in reverse positions in reality. So I'm just happy we got a top-10 ranked d-man and a 17th ranked d-man with two first rounders and leave it at that.
Character seems to be exceptionally high on the priority list for our scouting staff.

Warm Cookies is offline   Reply With Quote