View Single Post
Old
11-18-2012, 11:02 AM
BNHL
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
What is head scratching to me is how good both Ryder and Wheeler were with their new teams. Wheeler went on a run for about 50 games where he was close to a point a game. That first year with Krejci and Ryder he had some big moments and showed pretty good skills on some of those goals- wasnt he even in the All Star rookie game?

As for Ryder, I am going to guess and say he must have changed up his training because he looked quicker, sleeker, better- 35 goals is not luck; and when I watched the games he was clearly better player than his days in Boston. Maybe I'm imagining things but that is my take. One thing though, Ryder went out as good as can be- that line with Kelly and Peverley when you step back a year or two for a third line is very strong and well above average in both hockey sense and defensively.
For both players I'd just say it was how they were used,and in Wheeler's case it was the system also. He just doesn't fit in this system. Ryder needs the shots,maybe top 5 in the league snapshot,so he needs a deliveryman on the PP and ES.

BNHL is online now   Reply With Quote