View Single Post
Old
11-18-2012, 11:04 AM
jwolf

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by makbowles View Post
I haven't been doing too bad coping with the lockout but what I'm missing most is seeing Lars Eller.

It's hard to gauge his ceiling but I think he's going to turn into a helluva player and whenever the NHL resumes we'll get a more accurate picture of what he can be.

Never liked the 'good at everything but great at nothing' tag on him. He might not exactly be world class in any one thing but he's damn close in quite a few things IMO.

Lot of Blues fans contended that Eller would be better all around than Perron in the long term when that trade was made. Who knows if that will end up being true but I do know that I'm happy we have him.
I'm with you in not being totally sure how high his ceiling is. Given how he's been used up til now, anyone would be hard pressed to give an accurate read on what he's capable of long-term.

I will say this, however: given his skill-set, size and work ethic on a team that is still kind of small at center, he will get ample opportunity to prove his mettle. I for one think he will end up being 2nd line C behind Gally one day. Hell, even if he ends up an elite 3rd line C, it will mean the team is that strong... and that's never a bad thing.

jwolf is offline   Reply With Quote