View Single Post
Old
11-18-2012, 12:09 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insta View Post
Of course it will be months after the fact when he says it was a mistake. When else is he suppose to do it? You can't undermine your GM, you smile and say his **** smells great. This is obvious...and it isn't the coaches job to "do something about the move".

There had been rumblings all along that Kavis was not happy at the move and that him and Tillman did not get along that well. Pictures in this newspaper mean nothing, especially when it is an un-emotional person like Ray in it, and with a head coach he only had for 1 year. This isn't like Peyton and Dungy or something... I also like how you think Reed has no character, despite everything we know about him. Reed is the last guy to lie in order to throw other people under the bus. If he says he did not like the move, I believe him.

Next wow, not only is Reed lying, but Ray is as well. When Ray says he thought Reed sounded like it wasn't his decision and he didn't agree with it, Ray was lying too! Oh ok, that sounds much more plausible than the truth. Like the moonlanding was just lies too.

All of a sudden you are blaming Reed for not playing Nichols most of the season? He is a young QB and they wanted to use guys with more experience, and you agreed with him almost all year. Weren't you the last guy on here to want to see Nichols? Not playing Nichols the last game was a clear mistake in judgement, but up until that point you could easily argue he handled the QB decently. Some would have wanted Nichols in during the playoff push, but for the first 2 games after saying Joseph was the starter, he played great.

You cheerleaded Jyles and Joseph, and now you are throwing Reed under the bus.
Not sure what you're rambling about here. TJ has no direct quote from RR, makes it seem that way, and likely hasn't spoken to RR since the trade. As for Reed to say something like this several months after the trade is interesting at best. Looks like Rhodes/Reed could've used some balls.

If Reed felt really strongly about this he wouldve and could've challenged this. Just like Sather did with the Gretzky trade. Sather told Gretz he'd nix the deal if Wayne wanted. In the end Wayne didn't want to stay after what transpired.

Its specious timing for Reed to now say he was against the Ray trade all along.

I wasn't against the Ray trade, ever, I'll take my lumps with that.

As for Nichols I wasn't initially impressed with his play in his first game against Calgary. I wasn't that impressed with him in TC. I wasn't familiar with his game tbh and he wasn't showing me anything first hand.

My tune changed and I acknowledged as much as soon as Nichols started clicking. The only thing I recommended after that is that he not start the games but instead get to watch the 1st quarter then come in.