View Single Post
Old
11-18-2012, 12:16 PM
Insta
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Not sure what you're rambling about here. TJ has no direct quote from RR, makes it seem that way, and likely hasn't spoken to RR since the trade. As for Reed to say something like this several months after the trade is interesting at best. Looks like Rhodes/Reed could've used some balls.

If Reed felt really strongly about this he wouldve and could've challenged this. Just like Sather did with the Gretzky trade. Sather told Gretz he'd nix the deal if Wayne wanted. In the end Wayne didn't want to stay after what transpired.

Its specious timing for Reed to now say he was against the Ray trade all along.

I wasn't against the Ray trade, ever, I'll take my lumps with that.

As for Nichols I wasn't initially impressed with his play in his first game against Calgary. I wasn't that impressed with him in TC. I wasn't familiar with his game tbh and he wasn't showing me anything first hand.

My tune changed and I acknowledged as much as soon as Nichols started clicking. The only thing I recommended after that is that he not start the games but instead get to watch the 1st quarter then come in.
From the article:

Saturday Ray said he always kind of believed that was probably the way it went down.

“When I got the call from him, he did say something like ‘It wasn’t really my call.’ He didn’t say a lot, but I knew.”

Is Ray lying here?