View Single Post
Old
11-18-2012, 12:18 PM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by haveandare View Post
I didn't vote on these at all but aside from McD not having as many games under his belt as other guys I don't see why his being mentioned as among the best defensive d-men is laughable. In the games he's played, he's shown himself to be extremely talented in that facet of the game. He took over for an injured Staal in his first full NHL season and played top pairing minutes on a team that made it to the ECF.
Isn't that enough? How does his body work of shutting people down compare to any number of defensemen? It doesn't. Especially when...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post
Agreed. I think Staal when 100% is the best defensively. But McDonagh is right there, at least based on last season. Girardi is great in the zone but can get exposed at times on the rush.

Either way the fact that the Rangers have 3 legitimate candidates in the top-15/20 makes me a happy guy.
You see what I'm saying? It's fanboydom at it's worst. Flavor of the month. <- Not directed at you HatTrick.

I'm also not saying he won't be, but it is way to premature to list him there, if at all.