View Single Post
Old
11-18-2012, 12:35 PM
jack mullet
@jackmullethockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZDatsZuke View Post
I didnt read the question "Out of the guys currently playing, who makes the Hall?" as if they would retire today. Nash in New York will probably get better stats, and also a Cup. A Stanley Cup, World Championship (most valuable player) and Olympic Gold + the Rocket makes the introduction likely in my mind + 5 All Star Game appearances (not much competition on BJs).

Both Giroux and Doughty are great players that I am confident will have a resumé better than many already in the Hall, when they retire.

I somewhat agree in that Nash has to prove his worth in New York to get valid consideration.
i really doubt Nash will even be a 70 point player the rest of his career. perhaps if he had been traded to pittsburgh, but not NY. i know he gets to play with Gaborik and Richards, but i doubt all 3 of them will be on the same line. at age 28 already, Nash has a lot of ground to make up to be in the HHOF. 1 rocket richard trophy is not enough, otherwise Cheechoo would be going in. and the team accomplishments do not carry as much weight as some people like to think. those are TEAM awards.

jack mullet is offline   Reply With Quote