View Single Post
Old
11-18-2012, 01:10 PM
sambo24

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge View Post
I don't even care about that, the game never should have gone to overtime in the first place.

On an unrelated note the NCAA Tournament will return to Pittsburgh in 2015 as Duquesne and Consol Energy Center will host 2nd/3rd round games. I haven't seen that mentioned here yet and I loathe basketball, but that's still good for the city. It's been more than a decade since the last tournament game played in Pittsburgh.

It just makes me laugh that it's always Duquesne 'hosting' when Pittsburgh gets the tournament games. I want to say that Pittsburgh is the only Pittsburgh D1 school to never host an NCAA Tournament event...Duquesne hosted two of these at Mellon Arena and Robert Morris has hosted a FCS football playoff game recently (and will host the Frozen Four this season)...which seems a bit absurd to me.

But then again Alabama-Huntsville hosted a Frozen Four in ****ing Tampa, so all bets are off.

Actually Duquesne hosted 2nd/3rd rounds last year at Consol. It also makes more sense for Pitt to not host and have Duquesnse; therefore they can play in Pittsburgh if they're a high seed-and have before. if they hosted, they couldn't play here because a team can't play in their host arena.