View Single Post
Old
11-18-2012, 12:38 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyBST View Post
I think Lee is over-hyped to be honest. He is no Brock Nelson. He probably is a solid third liner at best. He can dominate NCAA games but disappears a lot. I think he'll make some excuse saying that "I'll have a better opportunity in another organization." I think we get too wrapped around certain guys. I've learned from losing Gregoire, Kessel and Petrov that it's really not a big deal. Are those guys producing? No not really. Are they NHL ready? Hell no.

I'll be more disappointed if we don't sign Kichton instead. I hate how the loophole system works with college guys. There should be compensation, like the team that signs these guys has to offer a prospect or a compensatory pick, so we don't lose a guy for nothing. Kind of like how the Devils were awarded Scott Stevens for the Blues signing Brendan Shanahan. (albeit on a much smaller scale) you get my point though?
I'd like to see that type of rule in the new cba.

It doesn't seem fair that a team drafts a player, brings him to their prospect and training camps for development, only to see him say thanks but no thanks.

Isles have a glut of forward prospects. I don't think it'd be surprising, if Lee decides to go to a team with a weaker prospect pool, trying to get into the NHL asap.

CREW99AW is online now   Reply With Quote