View Single Post
Old
11-18-2012, 01:15 PM
4evaBlue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Liskeard View Post
This notion has come up here before, and makes absolutely no logical sense. If those players left for UFA, it is likely those positions would be filled with UFA, or propsects that will save the team cap space. To expect to trade every UFA before leaving the team, and getting something back is unrealisitc. Players leave for UFA, and the come over from UFA.
When you start out with so few assets, you cannot afford to waste them by letting them leave as UFAs. Heck, he wouldn't even let Lebda walk as a UFA, without getting something back for him. Given Burke's track record with UFAs since arriving, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect MOST of the pending UFAs to be flipped for other assets before July 1st.

We're talking about the potential of 6 UFAs leaving without compensation in one season. Can you name 6 UFAs (full-time players) who Burke let walk as UFAs during his 4 years in TO? Preferrably players who teams around the league picked up after we let him go, not scrubs like Sjostrom who's playing God knows where.

Brent getting picked up by the Canes would be one, I'm really straining for others, though. Conversely, I could easily name 6 pending UFAs who got us something else in return over the past 4 seasons.

4evaBlue is offline   Reply With Quote