View Single Post
Old
12-09-2003, 04:57 AM
scosar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz
I think too many habs fans look at Komi and Hainsey with rose coloured glasses. Hainsey has looked like he has taken that next step towards a regular NHL job, but still has to work on things to reach his final goal. In his stint with Montreal early this season, he honestly didn't really look better than any other dman out there. As for Komisarek, I think he is a little closer to being here full time. He still gets caught out of position a little too much, and needs to become a little more patient and confident carring the puck. I question wether Montreal or Hamilton is the better place for him to work on this.
I have been one of the biggest proponents of playing Hainsey over Bouillon. Defencemen are not like forwards. A guy like Dagenais can get promoted and play ok and score a few goals. Very few if any young dmen step up from the minors and fit right in. The NHL is a different speed than the AHL and rookie dmen have to learn through their own mistakes. If we don't play Hainsey and Komisarek this year we are just postponing their learning curve. Like one of the other posters said. J-Bo didn't light the league on fire when he first came up. But Florida played him and allowed him to make and learn from his mistakes. We have two young stud defencemn. Maybe one maybe both of them turn out to be duds. We need to play them and let them learn before we find out.