View Single Post
Old
11-18-2012, 01:34 PM
The Perfect Paradox
Beyond Good and Evil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan View Post
My GOD I'm so hyped up on caffeine and sugar.

edit: My dad's gift to me was this

think it's really beautiful.
Seems like an awesome gift, completely jealous. Happy birthday, by the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
I need to find new friends, or more friends. I can't sit in this ****ing house any longer.

I need to get a job and move out. Or go back to school. Something. This "funemployment" bull**** sucks. I guess if more of my friends were doing the same things as me it wouldn't be so bad. Most of them are working or in school still. Out of, I'd say my 10 closest friends, only one of them is around and unemployed. But he's got other things going on.

Time to stop being so picky in the jobs I apply for. Not everyone gets to do what they love for a living, silverfish. At least to start. Go grind some money and get the hell out of your parents house already.

Does anyone else have "older" parents? I don't know what the hell happened. But when my dad hit 60, dude hit a brick wall. Guys a shell of his former self. His hearing is crap, yet he insists on starting a conversation with you from across the house by yelling, knowing full well when you yell an answer back he won't hear you for ****. Very frustrating.

I wish I could go back and do it all over differently, or just do it again.

Regrets.

/endrant
I know nothing about your situation outside of this post but honestly it seems that you have a pretty decent head on your shoulders.

Since you just graduated college, I'm going to assume you're somewhere around 22/23 years old. With that in mind, I think you need to realize that what you are going through in regards to friends, is completely normal. Most people your age are losing most of their friends as they move away to find jobs, move in with significant others or get involved with other friend circles that are more convenient. Fortunately, finding new friends definitely isn't very difficult to do as long as you aren't a complete social outcast. Whether you meet them through your job or through a hobby doesn't matter. As long as you put yourself out there, I'm sure you'll meet plenty of people.

In the way of jobs, it seems that you have learned your lesson that (especially in this economy), you can't be picky looking for an entry-level job. After spending all that time in school and having an ideal life in mind, I completely understand how your situation is disappointing to say the least. However, it seems that you have shown tons of maturity in realizing that life can't always go as planned and that you need to adjust (or in your situation, look for jobs you may not like). If you can't find anything positive to take out of the situation, at least be proud that you are maturing and realizing what real life is about; many people your age cannot honestly say the same thing.