View Single Post
Old
11-18-2012, 01:47 PM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 5496
Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
So Alberta has some oil, and that's how you differentiate the two teams in regards to their arena arrangement and the fact that despite the Panthers itself losing money, the ownership makes up for that with the profits from outside revenue from the arena? And you see no correlation between the Oilers and the Panthers?
He made some other points that you conveniently ignored. How much do the Panthers charge for tickets as opposed to the Oilers?

How is Florida's economy compared to Edmonton's/Alberta's?

A bigger contrast would be hard to find when comparing Panthers vs Oilers, Florida vs Alberta. The only thing more ridiculous than trying to compare the two would be continuing this charade like you are doing.

Quote:
You really have not paid attention or bothered to read any of the information I've posted.
Probably because it is not worth paying even the smallest bit of attention to.

Quote:
At what payroll point would the Oilers begin to lose significant money? $70M? $80M? Considering Edmonton is a small market and is fully penetrated, I'm wondering how you think the Oilers are going to be able to compete in this market without additional revenue, considering they were fielding ~$22M teams until the 05 lockout artificially made this market viable and we got an owner who was willing to spend.
And yet despite all this noted billionaire and business tycoon Daryl Katz actively pursued purchasing the team, despite it not being for sale.

Quote:
Looking ahead and analyzing is not "crying wolf", it's called foresight.
I prefer baseless nonsense myself.