View Single Post
Old
11-18-2012, 01:58 PM
mapleleaf979

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL Fanatic View Post
Rookies can't automatically adjust to the OHL 2 months into the season playing a limited role. Not everyone can be McDavid. In order to thrive a player needs opportunities. Stats are not everything, they are useless when projecting a player's NHL potential and that's the ultimate goal for these kids. People don't understand how significant the jump is from minor midget to the OHL. I've seen kids score 50-60+ goals in MM and not be able to crack 10 in the OHL. These teams watch video, they know certain players tendencies and systems. You have to take everything into account. I'd like to see this thread after the NHL draft to see how much it changes.
I think thats well said. Aside from Mcdavid quite a few others seem very much at ease and extremely comfortable out there. One is Robby FAbbri and even Kyle Pettit on the Otters not in the first round looks very promising. Spencer Watson and Sam Bennett's adjustment was seamless. Hosang is doing well. Petti and Cornel played out side of the GTHL. These 2 seem over-rated at this point. Judged against a weaker competition..will that change? Possibly. These 2 players played against weaker competition all season long minus a few tournaments. Im aware Petti was a marlboro in the past. At the same time saying Niki Petti is under-acheiving is not a stretch in my opinion. Its easy to say they would flourish on a weaker team. If u arent producing on any team u would be bumped up the depth chart. Bellville needs Offense in a huge way as well. They have 52 goals for and 54 against. Long term that does not bode well. I know there are tied for 4th in there conference with 3 other teams, but if that GA vs GF doesnt swing into the positive territory it will be tough to maintain that seed.

Last edited by mapleleaf979: 11-18-2012 at 02:04 PM.
mapleleaf979 is offline   Reply With Quote