View Single Post
Old
11-18-2012, 02:04 PM
Spawn

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gone View Post
Amen. But at this point, I'm not so sure that the responsibility for the Oilers lacklustre drafting is Stu's fault or due to interference from his boss KLowe. Ever since KLowe has been at the helm, it's been a nightmare. Clearly this won't change anytime soon, and that is why I am becomming more convinced that even with the 1st overall pick year after year, this team will not be winning anything, anytime soon. Until KLowe is gone, the train wreck will continue.

For teams to build winners, they must be able to pick gems from the later parts of the 1st round and second round. Since 2001, the only real Gem we got is Eberle, all others were near misses or disasters (MAP, Nash, Plante, etc.). The Oilers are constantly failing by going 'off the board' and not taking the BPA.
Look at the drafting before Kevin Lowe took over as GM. The Oilers drafting has been pretty horrible since the mid 1980's other than top 10 picks, and even when we have ended up drafting a player who had a lengthy career in the NHL they often ended up spending the vast majority of their careers with other teams.

Hopefully our D picks can pan out a little better at least , I feel much more confident in the prospects at that position right now than at forward.

Klefbom, Marincin, Gernat, Musil, Fedun and Schultz looks like good depth at defense.

Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote