View Single Post
Old
11-18-2012, 03:21 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TieClark View Post
I'm not pretending to know anything. It is fact that Silva is a huge middleweight and that he walks around over 205 which is why he moves up to LHW with ease.
Actually A.S used to walk around 225, at least that's pre-Irvin fight. Now who knows exactly, but if the can shed down to 185, he can drop a few more pounds.
Going to 170 would be impossible imo.
Bottom line is, if A.S were to lose muscle, he wouldn't go through with the cut. Cutting weight is not about losing muscles, that would be counterproductive.
If he agrees to 179, then that'll be water loss, not muscles. Case closed.

Quote:
The beatings his face has taken? I recall his eye being scratched against Shields and Condit doing damage... that's about it since his last loss 5 years ago. I agree GSP would have a much harder time.. that much is obvious. The entire point of this fight is giving these guys something to actual worry about.
Ya, and BJ Penn also, point is, the guy can get hit, and often. Not something you want when you're facing A.Silva.

Quote:
I wasn't hinting at anything.. you chose to believe I was saying something I never said. In the same sentence I said clearly GSP wouldn't want to stand with Silva.
Right, you said he won't bother standing up with A.Silva, not that he wouldn't want too. Not quite the same, but irrelevant anyways.
GSP's defense has never really impressed me when he goes for takedowns, and his stand up isn't very good. He relies on his speed when he fights standing up, but Silva's quicker, has a bigger reach and is more precise.
Shooting for the takedowns won't be a given. I wouldn't be surprised to see him get stuffed, and more hesitant.

Quote:
Lol who cares? Are you kidding me? If GSP is able to take Silva down with the same ease he has taken everyone else down Silva has 0 chance. Absolutely no chance. That's what makes the fight intriguing.
What in god's name are you talking about. Even off his back, Silva can submit opponents. Oh but right, you're just relying on GSP not making a mistake...great point I must say.
GSP has to be flawless in order to win. It's not just about taking Silva down. It's about taking him down and keeping him there, and not getting caught. If he can't keep him on the ground, it's bad news for GSP.

Quote:
Not true at all. If anything Silva has 1 way to win... knockout. He isn't going to beat GSP in any aspect on the ground.
Seriously, it's becoming clearer and clearer that you don't know much about A.Silva.
Either that or you don't understand the sport all that well, maybe a new fan of it.
I don't know anybody who knows this sport well that would say that.
Quote:
This leads back to how easily GSP can take Silva down. If he's struggling to take him down he isn't going to win. It's that simple.

As for GSP being big.. yes he is big. Condit had several inches on him though so we have in fact seen him fight bigger opponents and he still man handled him.

We haven't seen Silva had to deal with anyone like GSP. Sonnen is the closest comparison and he damn near beat Silva despite being a weaker (albeit still very good) wrestler than GSP.
No it's not that simple. Seriously dude...Give it a rest.
Heck, you even said it, Sonnen took Silva down all the time, and yet he still lost. If that's not a big enough sign for you to understand that it's not just about taking him down, then I don't know what is.

Silva can win in any position. On his feet, on the ground on top or on the bottom. You never count him out and you never say ''Silva has 0''. That's just ridiculous.
Quote:
Disagree entirely. Based on how you've displayed your feelings on MMA as a whole it doesn't surprise me you'd think the flashy guy is far better than the guy who is technical though.
Euhhh, you clearly don't know anything about my stand on MMA.

Find it rather offensive actually seeing how I've been following the sport practically since UFC 1.
Quote:
Yeah... and that would change if he lost to GSP. So far neither of them have had any real competition at their respective weight divisions for years now.

Nobody has the right to show boat. Joe Montana never show boated. Wayne Gretzky never show boated. Micheal Jordan learned this. Show boating goes against everything the sport of MMA represents. It's disgusting really. It has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that he's a great fighter.. it changes nothing whether he's 20-0 or 0-20. It's all the same.
You think Joe Montana or Wayne Gretzky never talked trash on the ice or field?
Who cares about show boating. But yes, if you show boat when you're 0-20, you're an idiot. If you do it at 20-0, you're cocky. Difference.
In any event, really, you need to relax if you get upset over show boating. The guy easily destroys his opponents (unlike GSP btw), if he wants a little more challenge during a fight so it can spark him up, so be it.
As I said in a previous post, his record speaks for itself anyways.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote