View Single Post
Old
11-18-2012, 03:40 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotProkofievian View Post
The only time Silva has lost a round in the past few years has been against wrestlers. Henderson, Sonnen, Marquart all had workable strategies against Silva, but simply couldn't execute beyond one round. They all made one mistake, and that was that.

Where GSP can win is by the fact that he's proven he's capable of a perfect fight. If there's one person who can use his wrestling to control Silva, while avoiding getting picked apart on the feet, it's GSP.
Not so sure. GSP has made mistakes in the past, just that his opponents couldn't capitalize on them. He won't have that luxury versus Silva.
He also never dealt with guys that are as big as A.Silva. GSP got picked apart on his feet by BJ Penn, and he didn't really improve in that domain all that much. He'll have a very tough time getting through Silva's punches in order to go for a shoot.
I'm sure he'll be able to take him though, but I don't think he'll have the easy time many seem to think he'll have. I also don't think he'll easily keep him on the ground, nor does it make him free of danger.

All in all, he will lose.