View Single Post
Old
11-18-2012, 03:11 PM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
Teams that intentionally tank to get high draft picks are pathetic. If that truly is the goal of a franchise they will never be successful because they do not breed a winning culture. I fully realize injuries and other circumstances happen where teams finish last, but a team should never strive to finish in the basement. What does that say to the organizations players and fans, we think you suck and we want you to lose?

While the Flames have some fundamental problems, they have been rebuilding on the fly and getting younger. We have Baertschi, Gaudreau, Reinhart, and Brodie (hopefully Jankowski to) who all look to be promising. The management has said that losing purposely is not an option and their goal is to win now and get younger. The Flames could desperately use someone like MacKinnon, and while there's not a 100% right answer to the OP, I think Calgary is just as deserving as anyone.
HF does love this misconception. Much was we all rag on Edmonton. No team tanks intentionally, unless it is near hopeless. And even then I doubt it. Players have an enormous amount of pride and will give their all regardless of whether losing would be more beneficial. Look no farther than Toronto to see how a losing culture damages a franchise. Not one player on that roster wants or intends to lose.

Personally, I would like to see team success rewarded in lieu of whoever is worst getting another perk. Yes, it favors Vancouver but teams such as them, Detroit and etc rarely have the opportunity of picking high. Nice change of pace for once.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote