View Single Post
Old
11-18-2012, 03:20 PM
Kingstonian84*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hero View Post
Meh, few players want to play in Toronto it seems, and to be honest, what player wants to go to a bottom 5 team?

Our biggest mistake was and still is the Kessel deal. This extended off-season isn't even helping the leafs that much.

Sure our specs are getting more time, but it's not like we have that great a core of specs.

Now, if we hadn't traded kessel.

1 of Seguin or Hall (depending on how much worse we are with out Kessel)
Knight
1 of Hamilton, Zibanejad, Scheifele, Strome, Larsson, Huberdeau, Landeskog, RNH (depending on how much worse we are with out Kessel)

And thats not even considering, that if we had gone into a steady rebuild, players like Grabo/Kulie/MacA could of been moved for more picks.

A future D core of...

Rielly, Hamilton, Gardiner, Finn, Blacker, Percy, Holzer, Gunnarsson

Thats something to get excited about...

Rielly - Hamilton
Gardiner - Finn
Blacker - Percy/Holzer/Gunnar
I agree with you for the most part and you make some valid points however I disagee with you on the Kessel trade. At the time we had a chance to get a potentially elite player in return for draft picks and Burke and company had no clue those 2 firsts would turn out to be both top 10 ones at the time, trades are a gamble no matter how you look at it. Kessel is a PPG player now, guys like him are very hard to come guy so yes the price we payed to get him was worth it in the end. I don't think either team lost that deal, we got an elite first line sniper which we badly needed for 20 years, and Boston needed a top centre to replace Savard which they got, they also beefed up their blueline too, nothing wrong with both sides getting their needs met.

Kingstonian84* is offline   Reply With Quote