View Single Post
Old
11-18-2012, 03:31 PM
BigMacJokinen

vCash: 500
If Luongo is traded, as a neutral hockey watcher, I'd be interested seeing Luongo in Washington or Edmonton.

Washington fits for several reasons: They are in different conference, they have a risky pairing of Neuvirth and Holtby who might not be able to do the job, they might be but for a contending team Luongo would be a good fit. Some Vancouver fans would be delighted getting Mike Green, however I'm not sure if that would be the case, it's an interesting trade proposal though.

Edmonton I think would be a good fit too, more for Schneider but I think what some people aren't seeing that their young core could be ready in less time than expected. When they start to flourish, it will happen quick and even Stanley Cup Finals could be possible 2 years from now. When things start to happen, they can very well happen rapidly. Here is what happened for Pittsburgh not so long ago

2005-2006 season, Pittsburgh was 15th (last) in East, with 58 points

2006-2007 season, Pittsburgh was 5th in East, 105 points - that's a huge improvement. They had a 1st round exit though in playoffs.

07-08 Pittsburgh won the division, went to SCF but lost to Detroit 2-4. 08-09 they won the cup.

So here is a scenario that could be even be likely for Oilers too, when a team has a very talented, young core, it'll not take long before they are a force. So Luongo is not too old for Oilers.

Also Luongo would (probably/possibly) help the team attract more free agents and help creating a culture of winning.