View Single Post
Old
11-18-2012, 04:32 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 500
A part of what scares me if Datsyuk did leave is it changes the dressing room environment a lot. When Ilitch bought the team he basically encouraged the old guard to show back up. I think that is a part of the success, then once they were good it kept getting passed along. That work ethic that hunger for the game of hockey. Zetterberg and Kronwall have it but it isn't nearly as all over the locker room. You lose the biggest watch how out star player plays hard every night element. Not that Z doesn't it just feels different, Datsyuk seems to have that ability to spark teammates on ice in various different ways.

On top of that the lastest generation of Wings didn't hang around which is disappointing. Yzerman (Tampa), Fedorov (CSKA), Shanahan (league office), Lidstrom (Sweden) and that is a tough break. Sure guys like Fischer, Maltby, Chelios and Draper are around but really only Chelios commands that HHOF respect. It worries me a little, I always thought all the guys hanging around helped make Detroit special. I am glad they have opportunities and are happy, I just think it stinks that so many are gone. I mean Larionov and Chelios are really the big two left in town.

The Zetterberg Era is online now   Reply With Quote