View Single Post
Old
11-18-2012, 04:36 PM
NotProkofievian

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Not so sure. GSP has made mistakes in the past, just that his opponents couldn't capitalize on them. He won't have that luxury versus Silva.
Of course he has. That's not what I said. I said he has had perfect fights before. And he has.

Quote:
He also never dealt with guys that are as big as A.Silva. GSP got picked apart on his feet by BJ Penn, and he didn't really improve in that domain all that much. He'll have a very tough time getting through Silva's punches in order to go for a shoot.
"Picked apart" he was not. It's been some time since that fight, but BJ landing a few combos is not being picked apart. By the end of that fight, GSP was parrying BJ's jab with a shot.

Also, even if Silva is bigger, I would put money on GSP being considerably stronger.

Quote:
I'm sure he'll be able to take him though, but I don't think he'll have the easy time many seem to think he'll have. I also don't think he'll easily keep him on the ground, nor does it make him free of danger.
Nowhere did I say that he'd have an easy time, but if there's someone who can take Silva down, keep him there, and not get triangled in the process, it is GSP.

Quote:
All in all, he will lose.
I wouldn't be surprised if he did. But I've seen all this "x is invincible" crap before in MMA. It's never true. And the person who proves it is always someone who "didn't have a chance," yet had every skill necessary, the drive, and the ability to work a game-plan.