View Single Post
Old
05-23-2006, 02:20 AM
Kirk Muller

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien
I go with neither also. Modin is ok. I don't know if he's enough better than Zednik to bother with it. But we'd have to trade for him. I'd take him anyway as a complete freebie, I guess, but wouldn't want to have to give up anything. Obviously Tampa will want a young player or draft pick or something like that, they won't be taking any of the players we want to get rid of.

Presumably Fedotenko won't be qualified now, and will become a UFA? Unless they can trade his rights away dirt cheap before July 1, I guess. Still, he doesn't do much for me. I think we need to upgrade with either more pure grit or more pure skill than either of Fedotenko or Modin bring.
I agree for the most part but i think Modin is more rounded of a player, and the more we keep hearing about Zednik's attitude in Montreal, i wouldn't mind seeing him leave. Zednik was crap this year, and doesn't seem to play his down low power game anymore. He played with an effective line in the playoffs but didn't seem happy with it.Problem is, he isn't good enough to be a top 6 forward on a contender, and doesn't have the character to be an integeral part of a third line. I get the impression he'd rather be a top 6 forward on a loser than a 3rd liner on a contender.

I agree for the need for pure grit or pure skill, but imo Modin is a huge upgrade on Zednik, or whatever other interchangeable top six forward Montreal used last year. However i'd be surprised if Modin, if traded, landed in the Eastern conference.

Kirk Muller is online now   Reply With Quote