View Single Post
Old
11-18-2012, 05:15 PM
jkrx

vCash: 500
We will select a starting goaltender who is probably a bit under the radar:

Pekka Lindmark, G

Quote:
One of Sweden's perhaps greatest goalkeepers of all time named Peter Lindmark, better known by his nickname "Pekka", who today lives in Piteå.
- I am proud and not ashamed of anything in my career, says Peter.
Quote:
The list of all the titles and honors as Peter "Pekka" Lindmark has won is very long. In addition to four national championships, two World Championship gold medals and an Olympic bronze, he has also won the Golden Puck in 1981, and the Golden Helmet 1987th
Quote:
Something missing on his CV is NHL games. But it is not something he regrets.
*** - No, my God ... But it had certainly been fun to go over and try it. But there is absolutely nothing that I'm sad about.
*** In fact, he was pretty close to NHL games with the Washington Capitals.
*** - If I had been listed or draftad I probably would have gone over, but since I wasn't, I would have to wait almost a whole summer before they could offer me contracts. It felt uncertain and therefore quickly signed on a contract with Malmö, saying "Pekka".
*** And there is absolutely nothing he regrets today.
Quote:
"Pekka" Lindmark also participated in three Canada Cup, and the greatest success was achieved in 1984 when they made ​​it to the final against Canada and won silver.
*** - We won against Canada in the regular season but in the final, we didn't. We lost the first match, and with Leif Boork as coach, he wanted to make some changes for the second final match. I was exchanged for poor Gote Wälitalo, who had not played a single match in the tournament so far, while Leif fielded two defensemen nor had played something. Gote did not play the second final match and I remember we were in the 5-0 after the first period. "Boorken" then threw me and the other stations so we could finally catch up to 5-4. But we still lost and it was not Goths or jaws fault that we failed, says "Pekka".
SEL-Champ 86, 88, 92, 94
WC-Gold 87, 91
SEL-Silver 87
WC-Silver 81, 86
Canada Cup-silver 84
OG-bronze 88
Goldenpuck 81
Goldenhelmet 87
WCs best goaltender 81
Helped bring both Timrå and Malmö to the SEL.

jkrx is offline   Reply With Quote