View Single Post
Old
11-18-2012, 05:20 PM
seafoam
Halcyon Days

vCash: 50
Nino is looking great in the AHL playing in a top six role and is healthy. For all of you saying Sven because of Nino's rookie year, then you are making a mistake. If you like Sven better then that is fine.

In Nino's rookie year, he got injured twice. One being a nagging groin and the other one being a concussion. When he returned, he did not look like himself and therefore was demoted to the 4th line and was scratched frequently. On the fourth line he played with grinders who got less than ten minutes a night, probaby less than that. When he's been in the AHL or training camp, he has played a top six role with skilled players and has looked like the power foward that we thought we were getting when we drafted him 5th overall back in '10.

Nino has a high motor, finishes his checks, and goes to the net with that big body of his. I think if we were to compare primes of Sven and Nino, I think you would see that Sven would statistically have more points because yes, he is that offensively talented, but I think Nino is going to have more of a physical impact of the ice, which is something we need on the Islanders.

Sven=Nino

seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote