Thread: Value of: Alec Martinez
View Single Post
Old
11-18-2012, 05:31 PM
KingCanadain1976

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
Oh I'm not saying that Martinez is a bad player at all. He's fine. But every year you have 2 bottom line dmen win Stanley Cups. It means they are good enough to play bottom pairing minutes on a really good team, but it doesn't mean they can be more than bottom pairing dmen on most other teams.

I think sometimes think "If this guy is worth x and this guy is worth x then if we package them together we'll get something worth 2x." But it doesn't necessarily work that way. I'd put his value at a 2nd or 3rd like has already been stated.

Also, I don't think 'Bodnarchuks future is as a "hitting" dman. He hits for his size, but I don't think he's as physical as a guy like Bouillion, a similarly undersized dman. I've seen him a lot between his days in Providence and now Manchester. I saw him in a couple B's training camps. He's just not an NHL dman. Martinez is. Keep him.
Oh ok well to me suggesting a player is worth a 3rd is the same as saying he sucks. I really do like having Martinez despite me saying i would be ok with tradeing him. I willing to say Alec has more talent then any of the last cup winners imo. I was only useing richardson as a base of why i think hes worth a mid 2nd and B prospect.

As for Bodnarchuks furture i'm confortable in saying most of the talk on the kings board and i ve heard from there own annousers are saying hes playing the best all round game on the monarchs roster. This is why i encluded him in players ready for a look. From what i`ve seen frist hand if the kings are needing a hitting defenseman he is the best of what we got in house.

KingCanadain1976 is offline   Reply With Quote