View Single Post
Old
11-18-2012, 05:46 PM
Getzo5
The Punisher

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy316 View Post
You know, I'm having more and more of a feeling that Josefson may push himself into a top six role. Only problem is it forces Henrique to wing, or even Henrique down to the third line.

Regardless, we still have two holes to fill in the top nine. Josefson may fill one of them, but by doing so, he creates two holes on the third line. Best scenario is two of Parse, Butler, or Tedenby step into a top-six role with one playing a third line role, but that scenario doesn't look to well with the way they are playing in Albany. Also doesn't account for if Henrique has any kind of a sophomore slump. No doubt in my mind he will remain an NHL player as he could just as easily play a third line role, but if he can't sustain a top six role, and he did falter a bit 3/4 of the way through last year, we will be in trouble.

A lot of question marks to me, and concerns. Even worse if we lose a majority of the UFA forwards as well...Gotta hope we keep at least one of Elias or Zajac and at least one of Zubrus or Clarkson. Preferably, we'd keep them all, but we get 3/4 to remain, I can live with that.
I see neither as a bad thing to be honest. You can never have too many centers, especially versatile ones and Henrique could be just as good if not better on the wing next to a creative center. He`s not a great playmaker, but knows how to finish the plays and drive the net. Josefson, however, is the opposite. When healthy, he has a potential of becoming a very solid 2nd line center.

Also, some may not like it, but Matteau was drafted for a reason. In terms of his stature, he`s ready to play. It would be much better for his development to stay in the QMJHL for as long as possible though.

I wouldn`t be too concerned. It`s too early for that. I`m pretty confident that at least 2 or 3 of them will stay. I don`t have to remind anybody that there`s also plenty of room for some trades and players available on the market in 2013 will have big impact on the way GMs operate before the trade deadline. We`ll just have to wait and see what our options are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy316 View Post
I wouldn't mind taking a stab at Bozak. He may be overrated in Toronto, but he's also underrated elsewhere. I doubt we get the top end guys like Getzlaf, Burke will be creaming his pants if he reaches free agency. I'd definitely like to see us try for McDonald or Bozak, especially if we lose Zajac. Both can be second line centerman but are also flexible enough to play wing as well.
Meh, that`s all I can say.