View Single Post
Old
11-18-2012, 07:22 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bob View Post
The other thing, to me, is that Datsyuk is the true successor to Yzerman. He's the guy with the "hockey heart" who goes into the corners with Zdeno Chara and Shea Weber and delivers the hits. He's the one who drops the mitts with Corey Perry.
Zetterberg is a great player with lots of heart. But he doesn't have Pavel's tenacity and fearlessness. And Kronwall... well, I'm not sold on him as a leader at all. Guys who turtle after delivering huge hits are not what I see as leaders.

We have a soft team... Especially in our top 6. We need to get more fight in our game.
Unfortunately for you everyone in the dressing room talks about what a great leader Kronwall has become. I am only interested in him trading for a good player since it isn't his job on the team. The only time I was truly disappointed in Kronwall not going was the Kesler hit. He left his feet and Kesler himself not some nothing challenged him. With him being the #1 d-man I am even less interested in him fighting. Ryan Suter has exactly two fights in his career. Chris Pronger fought four times since the lockout and 10 times since 98 when he became a number 1 d-man. It is overrated not many true number 1 guys give themselves up to go to the box. Watch Smith won't fight nearly as often once he gets to first pairing status. You cannot afford to have them in the box unless the game is already over. That is when Chara does a lot of his fighting, frustration bouts.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote