View Single Post
Old
11-18-2012, 06:49 PM
Elvs

vCash: 500
In all fairness though, they have played Springfield three times in the last four games and imo, their team should be better when you look at the rosters. Johansen and Atkinson were decent NHL players a year ago. Meanwhile, there's good depth too with Calvert, Kubalik, Audy-Marchessault, Craig, Bass, Russell and Drazenovic. All either solid prospects or players with some NHL experience (in Drazenovic case, a history of being a good AHL'er).

On defense Moore, Savard and Erixon are all right on the doorstep of establishing themselves in the NHL and think what you will about Curtis McElhinney... While he isn't a very good NHL goalie, he's probably too good for the AHL. Depth wise I'd say Norfolk can compare, but I don't think they have the same top end players. It's not a total surprise that Springfield currently is leding it's conference.

So while the team is struggeling, I doubt they are really as bad as they've been recently. This is also a team that have been without two veteran defensive defensemen lately.

Last edited by Elvs: 11-18-2012 at 07:20 PM.
Elvs is offline   Reply With Quote