View Single Post
Old
12-09-2003, 04:48 AM
Fletch

vCash: 500
I'd rather have a center...

than a right wing at this point. In my opinion, Lindros has played pretty strong this year. He hasn't been playing with the hottest teammates, and hasn't always been more than a 'fourth' line center, but he's been skating well, taking the body, and doing some nice work out there. Holik and Messier have been this team's main centermen. Nedved has largely disappointed thus far, and Lindros has been injured a bit, and has played the 'fourth' line a bit. It's a long season. Mess may not be healthy all season long. Nedved may struggle too (as may Jagr, with Nedved). Lundmark's hurt. Moore's not going much in Hartford. To me, it's not worth it.

Further, I want the Rangers to start gaining a bit of respect around the league. Getting Jagr is just another example of buying a player and I'm dead sick of it. It's something that makes this team marginally better, if any better, but it raises the marquee. If the Rangers want to get rid of Lindros and Poti, look for someone a bit younger. Lindros isn't a huge salary burden because, I believe, he's UFA at season's end. Pay 1/2 his salary for the rest of the season and get someone young and hungry. I'm just sick of this s---.