View Single Post
Old
11-18-2012, 07:56 PM
ajmidd12
Know-It-All

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqib View Post
The NFL is a different business, they pool so much revenue and that you can make a profit before selling a ticket. I don't mind the NHL going the extra mile to save a team if the fan base has shown commitment like the Oilers in 97, but even they got weeks to get an ownership group together not years. Year 4 has to be the end
That's where you and I differ, this whole situation with the Coyotes is, for lack of a better term, ********. (EDIT - the blocked out word started with a "b" )

The NHL is making themselves look second rate with this "class" act, combined with a lockout every 4-5 years. If it weren't for the Winnipeg Jets being back in town, I would be done with this joke of a league. You've got a bunch of overpriced overpayed players who couldn't make it in the KHL (see Evander Kane), a bunch of owners who are subsidizing half a dozen teams, and a commissioner who probably doesn't even know how to play the game.

The league hasn't shown near enough dedication to keeping teams where they are previously, why now? What makes Phoenix so special? The market obviously doesn't work.

Last edited by ajmidd12: 11-18-2012 at 08:01 PM.