View Single Post
Old
11-18-2012, 08:41 PM
Wingman77
Glory Days

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils1029 View Post
Marty did re-sign here, not that I ever thought he would go anyplace else but he did have the option.

Elias re-signed here after being courted by the Rangers (unlike Gomez, Holik, Driver).

Gionta ($5+) and Rafalski (6+) got stupid money at the time.

Like so many of those others who left and wound up being garbage on their new teams (except Neids and maybe Rafalski), I feel that Zajac is worth more to the Devils that he might be to other teams. He is our 1st line center but he doesn't really put up 1st line center points and would slot in very nicely as a 2nd line center in man places. How much is a 2nd line center worth salary wise? I think we could complete with whatever he is offered but ultimately with UFA, it's really all about where the guy wants to play, sometimes regardless of the cash...
True on Marty and Elias resigning, but do not forget Elias was very close to signing with the Rangers

Zajac has the #1 C position locked up here for the foreseeable future if he wants it

Losing him sets us back even further with 2 of our other C options either aging or having expiring contracts (Elias, Zubrus)

We lose him, our offense looks something like this (assuming Zubrus/Elias are back)

Elias/Henrique/Kovy
Zubrus/Josefson/Clarkson
?/?/?
Bernier/Carter/Gio