View Single Post
Old
11-18-2012, 09:07 PM
seanlinden

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
I'm also holding out for Lupul + 1st in a Luongo trade while other fans want a medley of Colborne/Bozak/Biggs.

I like the Leafs, but I don't think it impairs my judgement. Schneider for a former 2nd overall who has shown some great playoff performances and another 1sts in a deep draft we could either use ourselves or flip in a bid for Perry at the deadline is a solid package.

I'm easy trading Luongo or Schneider, both are more than capable of winning the cup with us.
You'll be holding out a loooooooong time. Lupul's not going to fall out of favour enough to be traded before the trade deadline comes, and they're certainly not going to trade him right after signing a new contract.

The fact that you think a combination of Biggs/Bozak/Colborne is the backup plan shows just how out of touch with reality you are. The pieces you'd be looking at from Toronto are guys like Kadri, Lombardi and MacArthur. If that doesn't work, there's 28 other teams in the league. Yeah, you could get a first, but it certainly wouldn't come with a prospect / young player of any sort of quality. Maybe a 1st + MacArthur if the CBA is favourable.