View Single Post
Old
11-18-2012, 10:37 PM
ps241
Get on board Sip :)

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob E View Post
At what point do you have to ask the question, will he be a point producer in the NHL? Teams give up on players all the time, it's the nature of the business. Some come back to have solid, productive careers, others play in europe.

At 21, Burmi should be producing at a better clip in the AHL, if you are expecting him to be a point producer in the NHL. As a 8th overall pick, the expectations would be he would be a point producer.

So far...

Alex Burmistrov 15 gp/2 g/5 a/7 pts

Ryan Johansen 14 gp/5 g/6 a/11 pts

Mikael Granlund 8 gp/4 g/8 a/12 pts

Nino Niederreiter 13 gp/7 g/8 a/15 pts

Fair enough but the sample size isn't quite there for me. By most accounts Alex is the best player on either a bad team or a slumping team. If we are to hammer on Burmi for his production then I wonder if the people in New Jersey are worried about Adam Henrique Who has 4 goals and 2 assists in 13 games so far this year in the AHL?? That is a similar production rate to Burmi yet we know Henrique had 51 points in the regular season last year for the Devils and another 13 points in the playoffs.

Alex has put in the effort and his attitude and compete levels are there so for my money I am comfortable that the rest will come in time and he will be a fine two way player in the NHL. Does Alex need to improve....absolutely.....all in good time.

ps241 is offline   Reply With Quote