Thread: Proposal: OEL to Edm
View Single Post
Old
11-19-2012, 12:10 AM
Phenomenon13

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperHF View Post
I don't think so from the Phoenix side especially. The Coyotes have made the playoffs and gone pretty deep without a prototypical franchise forward.

Sure it would be great to have one but I think in the short to medium term the swap of OEL for a forward would actually be a detriment to the Coyotes in the standings. The Coyotes system is pretty finely tuned at this point and mobile highly skilled offensive defensemen are a huge part of that. Basically you are taking a clear strength (the Coyotes D Corps) and turning it into an above average squad, while only marginally improving their forward scoring. They become more mediocre as a group not excelling in any one area.

I'd rather have outstanding D and Goaltending with mediocre forwards than middle of the road forwards and D with outstanding goaltending.
I see where you are coming from. I just thought it'd be nice since both are filling in a potential weakness and giving up some of their strenth to do it. this way its easier to swallow the loss of such a key player.

Phenomenon13 is offline   Reply With Quote