View Single Post
Old
11-19-2012, 05:36 AM
northvanman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
I would like it to be in a big city. Ottawa, Montreal or Toronto(although that is unlikely).
Montreal or Ottawa are both intriguing. Outside of those two, I think Thunder Bay is the only other location that makes sense in the OUA. Nipissing is the only other team in the league besides Lakehead that seems to have a really strong fan base, based on attendance, and while they have certainly been respectable, I'm not sure this is a team you want coming through the back door as one of your six national finalists.

In theory Toronto should work, but it's been years since any of the three Toronto teams have been strong (I think York made it to the Nationals 04/05) and my sense is that fan support is pretty soft for all 3 teams - plus Toronto is just an odd place in terms of support for minor sport. And even then, do you want one of these three teams in the tournament as host?

In theory, Kitchener-Waterloo should work because they've got two teams in town, Guelph is 30 minutes away, and Brock, Western and the Toronto teams are all about an hour away. And the Sun Life Arena, where Laurier plays, is perfect. But they tried this several years ago and from what I recall, attendance was so-so.

northvanman is offline   Reply With Quote