View Single Post
Old
11-19-2012, 07:19 AM
seafoam
Fluorescent Adolescent

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillD View Post
Nino is a shooter/scorer. He has been known for that at every level he has played (except last year's NHL season).
He has a good chance to be a player similar to Matt Moulson......a finisher that is not all the good at the rest of the game. He is a bit bigger than Moulson and will probably play at about 220 lbs when fully mature. He also is still just turned 20 years old and could round out his game in the next 2-3 years, but having a Matt Moulson clone with maybe a better shot, if that is all he ever becomes, is not a bad thing.
I agree that he will end up being a better Matt Moulson, sort of. While both players aren't the best skaters, Nino is clearly the more physical force and loves to finish his checks. Moulson, while he is listed at 6'1", 210 lbs. is not a physical force what so ever. I've seen Matt Moulson in person and he looks like just a normal guy. Also, Moulson camps around the net while Nino drives to the net; yes, Nino will set up in front of the net but I see a difference compared to Moulson. When I watch Isles games, Matt is only effective within 10-15 feet of the net or so, while Nino can go to the net from the perimeter or work within that 10-15 feet as well.

Sorry if that was a little confusing, as I was writing I kept remembering games and highlights of each player lol.