View Single Post
Old
11-19-2012, 07:27 AM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

vCash: 500
Leftwich played well for a backup guy. I don't think you could have realistically expected a ton more from your backup. The interception was big but didn't bother me. I thought the Ravens had a great scheme on that play. The announcers mentioned how the DB usually stays further underneath in that coverage but on that play he dropped much deeper and undercut the route of the WR. That wrinkle fooled Lefty but probably could have fooled Ben and a lot of other QB's too.

The WR's really let the O down with the drops. Dwyer ran well though.

I thought the D played great. They deserved a win. They really only gave up 3 points if you think about it.

I think they lost the game on the punt return TD. You can't afford to give away 10 points (PR TD and Wallace's fumble that led to a chip shot FG) when you don't have Ben and you're playing a good team like the Ravens. Steelers made two big errors in a game that they had no margin for error if they wanted to win.

Disagree about the coaching. I thought the team played as well as it could under the circumstances (decimated with injuries). They could have felt sorry for themselves and mailed this one in. The excuse was there but they fought like hell and just came up short.