View Single Post
Old
11-19-2012, 10:15 AM
RayzorIsDull

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLTG View Post

Ryazer - Pavelka is a very solid goaltender, better than his stats suggest. He's not a stylish goaltender, very Hasek-like, and is prone to letting a soft goal in on occasion. However, he has certainly kept Windsor in many games and given them a chance to win. He's stolen a few games, too. His current stats include the home opener, when nobody showed up, plus a game in London where the entire team fell apart, and one other game the defence stayed in the dressing room. I don't count those three games because he didn't have any help in front of him at all. You can't blame him. I'd take him over many other goaltenders in the league right now and certainly in a 7-game series. He has the make-up of a potential all-star.
I am of the opinion currently this team is in a similar position to last year, players are a year older but results are almost the same. Last year they had a 19 year old goalie in Campbell who was moved because management didn't think they could win and they wanted picks. This year they aren't winning enough with another 19 year old goalie. Pavelka has been fine but the rebuild has to have your goalie of the future and the means DeKort has to play more. Pavelka won't be back next year with 2 1st round import picks. At this rate with the Spits there's a great chance you get London, Owen Sound, Kitchener or Plymouth in round 1 not exactly 1st round matchups any fan should be looking forward to.