View Single Post
Old
11-19-2012, 10:31 AM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

vCash: 500
I have not been able to catch a Whale game in person yet but have tuned into 10ish streams and Mikos I argree with just about everything you wrote.

Thomas is really coming on as of late. He's doing a much better job at finding ways to get his shot off. I think being put on the point on the PP was a big confidence booster for him, as that is where he did a ton of damage in the OHL. Honestly I was really not impressed with him at the beginning of the year but he's turned it on.

Jean, like you said, looks like a fantastic find. The sample size is still small, but his play has been impressive. He's a strong skater for his size but more importantly is strong on the puck. Great hands and consistently creates offense.

On the flip side, have not been overly impressed by Yogan or Hrivik to this point. However, each player has absolutely has great moments. The difference between AHL and NHL players is often consistency. Time will tell of they can find it.

And lastly, speaking of consistency - that is one of the more impressive aspects of JT Miller's play so far. At least as it relates to moving the puck, finishing hits, and working the transition game. His strengths have literally gone unchanged with the OHL-AHL shift. It's hard to tell he's a 19 y/o that's for sure. Mikos I agree that he has not consistently delivered offensively thus far. But when he has delivered (see goal vs Albany) it has been in a pretty big way. He's a player who the Rangers need to take it slow with, but like you said I think he does a ton of things at a pro-level already. The WJC should be a really good chance for him, with more open ice to make plays and an expanded role.