11-19-2012, 10:44 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
As stated by another poster, the problem is that Pysyk and Myers are both righties. Our coach-for-life prefers pairing lefties and righties together, where possible. I see Myers and Pysyk being the two righties in the top-4, albeit on different pairings.

I think McNabb's and Pysyk's skillsets complement each other beautifully. McNabb is a physical, risk-tasking lefty with some skating deficiencies. Pysyk is the smooth-skating, low-risk, intelligent righty on whom McNabb can depend when he wants to play his game. Both are competent (or better) offensively.

I've always thought these two are made for each other, and I still feel that way.
To build on this, McNabb's biggest assets offensively seem to be his ability to find the open man and put pucks on net (not necessarily through the net) once the team has set up possession in the offensive zone. That dovetails nicely with Pysyk's abilities to quickly move the puck and his speed in transition. As a pairing, they could be a real handful for teams in all three zones.