View Single Post
Old
11-19-2012, 10:49 AM
cbcwpg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHLfan4life View Post
As has been said and proven many times over, the Jets had the lowest ticket prices at the time and the lowest attendance. They didn't support their team at that time. Sure, they had lots of fans but they weren't going to the games. They had a last minute rally with 8000 fans but it was too late. Nobody (government or otherwise) wanted to pay to keep the team there. It wasn't just the NHL not wanting to bend over backwards, it was that there was nobody to negotiate with to keep them there. Winnipeg basically said NOPE.
The Jets 1.0 has been hashed over so may times, it no longer needs to be mentioned. Teams leave for various reasons, that's just a fact, and things change.

I crunched the published attendance numbers ( yeah I know they are not accurate, but apples to apples ) for the Coyotes before BK and the Jets 1.0 because I was curious myself. And what I found was interesting.... Both teams in both cities averaged the same 81% capacity attendance. So attendance wise, nothing has changed for this franchise, no matter where they play.