View Single Post
Old
11-19-2012, 10:57 AM
Luvtowatch

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf979 View Post
Mitchell Stephens needs to bring some urgency to his game and give it every shift, he is very inconsistent. Stephens has already done enough in the last few years to be a First Round Pick in the OHL draft. Some nights he looks like just another guy. Someone u barely notice. Than he accelerates and your like wow who is that kid...than he just sits back and disappears. Some of his assets are best in the class. Stephens has OHL speed and acceleration. His acceleration is his best asset from my view. The release on his shot is also extremely good. For long stretches of games he seems to just completely disappear and doesnt try to impose his will. Lots of extremes to his game right now. If Stephens brings it every shift, to me he is better than his team-mate Strome who is more well rounded and more consistent. Strome for those reasons might get drafted before Stephens. Id personally would take Stephens ahead of Strome and work with him on conditioning and consistancy.
A lot of truth here, ML979 you are right on. Personally I like Strome better now. Last year, preferred Stephens. When Stephens played up he looked like he was a solid part of a superteam. This year doesn't always impress or even show up.